Flowers

26 Feb

Here are some of the flowers I embroidered on my datebook cover. I’m kinda disappointed that they don’t show up more, but I guess that’s what I get for picking pretty much the same colors that are already on the fabric. I tried a mix of things; all of the flower covered, part of it, just the outline…and it all blends in. The fabric is probably too busy for embellishing anyway. Guess that’s why people always do designs on plain fabric. I need to buy some navy thread and some of the yellow-green. Maybe more of a mix will help.

The cover was kind of loose to begin with since I didn’t pull the flaps as tightly as I should have before I sewed them, and now it’s a little lumpy because of all the knots and loose threads ends under it. It’s not really bad, but I notice it. Then again, I notice EVERYTHING when it comes to something I make.

I started another project today, but it failed miserably. I stopped before going too far with it, so I’m hoping to be able to save it after some research. I’ll keep you updated.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: