This picture (source) has inspired me to make a Mario/old video game nursery. I was going to go with a classic Winnie the Pooh theme, but I think I’ll save that for when I have a girl. I think we’re going to nerd out on our little boy.
Here are some links to Mario rooms I’ve found on flickr:
- Super Mario Living Room <— A little too busy for me, and too old-old school.
- Baby Room in the works!!! <— So cute! But a little sparse. It is in the works though.
- Super Mario Living Room <— Too old-old school, and I like “mini” Mario better.
- mario room <— Love!
- ChasesRoom <— A nursery!!
- Nintendo Super Mario Bros. <— Good use of the decals.
Some of these look like they’re restickable wall decals, which I’m not opposed to, but I just haven’t found the look I want yet. I like the Super Mario 3 look more than the older, browner ones.
Other games we’re thinking of including: Bubble Bobble, Zelda, the dog from Duck Hunt, and Mega Man. Maybe Ninja Turtles later.
With as much as we might be moving around with the whole army life thing, I don’t really want to paint a mural on the walls. So that means that anything we make would have to be a stand-alone piece OR some kind of wall hanging.